Is it time for an AC replacement?
Has your air conditioning and heating unit been struggling to keep up? Have you noticed that your electric bill keeps getting higher and higher, but you are still uncomfortably hot or cold? Were you told that you have small leaks in your coil? If so, it may be time to consider replacing your a/c.
Here are some things to think about before calling a air conditioning / heating contractor to your home. The answers to the following questions will help your contractor give you recommendations about the right comfort products for your home.
- What air conditioning and heating products do you currently use in your home? An air conditioner? A Heat Pump? A Gas Furnace? A Dehumidifier?
- Are you experiencing any issues with air quality? For example, do you have any issues with dust, asthma, allergies, etc?
- Are you satisfied with the comfort level in your home during the winter and summer months?
- How long do you plan to live in your home?
- Do you spend a lot of time away from your home?
- Is finding an air conditioning and heating unit that maximizes your energy savings important to you?
How does a replacement ac / heating unit pay you back?
Because of the technological advancements that are made every year, manufacturers are improving energy efficiencies as much as 7% per year. If your heat pump, air conditioner or furnace is more than 10 years old, it might be a wise decision to replace your unit.
Our highest efficiency YORK units can cut your heating and cooling bills in half, depending on the efficiency of your old unit.
In summary, if you are experiencing high electric bills, you have a unit that is needing constant repairs, or your air conditioning and heating unit is over 10 years old, it may be time to consider a new unit.
Call today at 843-821-0937 to have a consultant help you decide which unit is the right fit for you and your family.