Extra – Extra – Read All About It!
Arctic Air is looking for experienced, quality service technicians to join our family and our team.
Are you looking for a quality company to grow with? Are you looking for a company that appreciates your hard work? Are you looking for a long term career? Are you wanting to spend more time with your family? Take a look at Arctic Air!
Arctic Air has been in business for over 24 years in the Summerville/Greater Charleston/Mt. Pleasant Area. Arctic Air is family owned and operated. We believe in treating each and every employee with respect and appreciation. We believe in maintaining a high standard of work ethic. We always strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Therefore, we are willing to invest in you with continuing education to help make you the best service technician you can be.
This position is for a career, but we also believe that your family is extremely important. Therefore, we are able to plan for your family events. Do you need to be off on a certain day or time to make it to your child’s school performance? No problem, we can work with you to make sure you don’t miss out on these important events.
Would you like an opportunity to make more than your hourly salary? There are opportunities throughout each day to do just that!
We do not hire in the summer, then fire in the winter. We want to keep our techs for the “long haul”.
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN – RESIDENTIAL
Residential and Light Commercial (Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration)
- Dependability – Arrive at jobs on time.
- Quality – Diagnose and make the repair right the first time.
- Friendliness – Treat customers and co-workers with respect, compassion and consideration.
- Drug Free – Arctic Air has a ZERO Tolerance policy for illegal drug use.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Service Calls – including driving to customer sites, greeting customers, troubleshooting, and diagnosing/resolving problems.
• Describing options and costs, obtaining approval, and making repairs.
• Performing preventive maintenance.
• Repairing systems.
• Checking condensation drain lines to ensure proper drainage.
• Documenting services, explaining guarantees/warranties, collecting/recording and delivering fees.
• Ensuring that all repairs and installations are accurate, serviceable, meet safety and regulatory standards and codes.
• Ordering parts and/or materials for jobs.
• Promoting service agreements.
- Required Credentials
• 6 months – 1 year of related HVAC service experience in addition to training, or equivalent combination of experience and advanced training.
• EPA certification and advanced knowledge of electrical and gas diagnostics and air flow.
• Current driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
• The ability to regularly move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds, including ductwork, air handlers, furnaces, tools, etc.
• Willingness and ability to occasionally work evenings. Rotation schedule for weekends.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two or more years of electrical/HVAC service training, or completion of an approved training program.
Full-time employees receive competitive pay; comprehensive paid training; insurance allowance; uniform allowance; paid time off and holidays; and 401(k) with company match.
Company provided vehicle, gas card, cell phone, laptop, hotspot!
Arctic Air, Inc. is looking for experienced, quality service technicians to join our family and our team. In order to make things as easy as possible, we have set up two Saturdays for interviews. The first Saturday is on July 24th between 9am – 2pm. The second is set for July 8 between 9am – 2pm.
BEAT THE COMPETITION… CALL FOR AN EARLIER APPOINTMENT OR APPLY ONLINE!